I haven't posted on here in a few months.. so what has changed? It's easier to ask what hasn't changed in my life. Gable Evan Michael Essert was born on May 9th at 7:27pm weighing 7lbs 12 ozs and 20 1/2 inches long. He was about 3 weeks early. My OB had, had enough of my bodies shenanigans (Gestational Diabetes round 2, severe feet swelling, extremely low amniotic fluid, a baby who didn't play nice during the stress testing, advanced maternal age (lol) and we weren't sure if he had 1 or 2 kidneys.-I was having weekly ultrasounds and stress testing done two times a week due to everything going on) and since I was 37 weeks along she said he had to come out. I was admitted on the 8th and they started prepping me for an induction. After 16 hours of prep and attempting to sleep at the hospital I was over the situation. The doctor wanted pitocin and I just wanted to leave. After a lot of tears and discussions with Brandon, my Mom, and the doctor we decided to have a c-section. I still regret having to have one because I will never give birth to another child and will never have the labor or delivery that I wanted. But I do know it was the best decision for us at that time. I could not have gone through another pitocin driven labor. I was afraid that I would have another child injured during delivery because we were forcing my body to do something it wasn't ready for. So,a c-section was really the only option for us. My doctor agreed due to my anxiety it was probably better but thought my body could have handled the pitocin (devil drug!) But during the delivery Gable didn't want to come out and I probably would have had to have a c-section anyway since I overheard the doctor saying this was probably for the best after all. Gable does have two kidneys, one is just in his pelvis. It functions fine and shouldn't cause him any problems unless he breaks his pelvis. Today, Gable, is a happy healthy 5 month old that weighs 19 lbs 6 ozs and is 25 inches long!
Tristan is getting ready to turn 3 years old this month. It's hard to believe that my little man really is turning into a big kid. Depending on the day we are doing pretty good with potty training. We aren't rushing him since there have been some major life changing events in the last 5 months. He loves his little brother and does a pretty good job of being gentle. He loves just about everything Jim Henson created (can't imagine why!), Scooby Doo, The Aquabats (Daddy's influence), Super heros (especially The Avengers) and Disney Junior. He is able to get our iphones, computers, and tv to do things that we didn't know was possible. Which is why he isn't allowed to touch them with out permission now. He has such an amazing imagination and I love listening to him play with his stuffed animals, action figures and other toys. He is starting to color in the lines, loves making things with playdoh, and is great at puzzles.
I recently accepted a transfer with the company i work for back to Lafayette. we moved back to Battle Ground last weekend. It was hard moving away from my family and support but I know Battle Ground is where i want to raise the boys. It is such a wonderful and peaceful little neighborhood. Both boys are adjusting well to their new day care and home. It's been an adventure the last few months and I'm ready for some peace and less stress. I'm hoping the changes will help precipitate that wish. When I get the chance I'll post pictures of my wonderful boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment