Yesterday was Tuesday... The day had many highs and lows. I will admit more highs than lows. It started out at 5:40am as an extreme unbelievable high. As many of my friends know Bran and I have been trying to conceive. I went off birth control last April and officially we began trying in May. I have been feeling sick, crampy and other things lately. I had a friend tell me on Monday to take a test. I told her I wasn't pregnant because I felt this way last month and wasn't pregnant. About 2 months ago I gave up hope on the entire situation, it was a form of self-preservation. I was falling apart each month I didn't get pregnant, the periods were getting worse (which is why I used to take birth control) and it was doing nasty things to Bran and I's relationship... like only doubt and pain can. Anyway.. for the past week or since Ovulation really. I have been saying to everyone who will listen that I am not pregnant. I had geared myself up for meeting with a fertility specialist because I'm 33 1/2, overweight, and we had been trying for the better part of a year. Bran and I had already had the talk about what we would do if we couldn't get pregnant. So, my friend kept telling me to take a pregnancy test, she even reminded me that early pregnancy has all the signs of PMS. Information that I had told her the month before. I noticed the irony... On Tuesday morning I got up once Bran left for work at 5:35am. I make my usual trip to the bathroom and once there decide what the hell. I have a test in the cabinet, it won't be the first one wasted, it will be negative and I will start my period later that day.... which is the usual chain of events. (I was 2 days late, but that is not uncommon for me.) So, I take the test, sit down, and finish my business and then pick it up. I'm already telling myself it's negative why does it even matter... only there are 2 lines appearing. I literally couldn't comprehend it (still can't, I took a picture of it and still have the test in a ziploc bag... I looked at it numerous of times) and just stared at the test. I had to read the key a couple of times and then look at it again.. still 2 lines. according to the key.. 2 lines means I am pregnant. what? Needless to say I started crying. I called Bran and told him. He wanted to know why I was crying.... duh I expected it to always be negative. So, my first OB appointment is on April 14th our 2 year wedding anniversary. I still am in shock, happy, scared, but am in shock. Bran is happy and scared also... but it's natural. I told him last night we are taking one day at a time and that is that. We already ruled out that he can't call me preggo.
And the low part of the day... Gus. Gus decided that he needed to eat the ground where he threw up the other day. The other day when we made him throw up because he ate 5 freaking huge double chocolate cookies. So, we induced vomiting again... which he waited to do once he was inside under my dining room table laying on the wool rug. Nice.. Bran cleaned it up though. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Kristy, this is the most amazing news. I'm so happy for you. It has been such a sucky day for me and it was so nice to get on here and read this! Congratulations and remember, I know you're scared, but his proves you can get pregnant, no matter what!
Congrats Kristy! I just got on here this morning and found your news! It must have gotten buried in all the updates from everyone last week (you know how that is-nobody writes forever then everyone write four million things at once!)
Anyways, I'm super excited for you! I'll have to call you tonight!
That's so awesome! Congratulations!
I tagged you with the Honest Scrap Award. See my blog for details!
Post a Comment