Sunday, March 8, 2009
Pregnancy and all that jazz
Sooo... I am 7 weeks along. The morning sickness took up residence last week. I am not going to overly complain about it, since I am only having nausea. Lots and lots of women have it worse and I don't want to jinx things for myself. It actually is limiting itself to the mornings (so far), usually by the time 1pm hits I feel normal. Chewing gum helps with the nausea and so does sipping water. The cramping has also stopped... yeah. Everything I read said that any cramping would be mild... they lie. But those same sources have been lying to me since I hit puberty about the cramping thing. Anyway, they have basically gone away and I am not sad. This week my stomach started hurting though.. which troubles me. Apparently pregnancy brings on lots of fun things and I believe the stomach pains are stemming from them. My only concern is the fact that it was hurting right where my ulcer was years ago. I am debating on calling my OB on Monday. I say debating since the pain is gone today. I might call anyway to see if I can get an early appointment... I decided 1) April is too far away and 2) I don't want a doctor appt during vacation. I've learned that I have to eat small meals and smacks.... and I do mean small. If I eat too much, especially in the morning, it bring out the nausea. I've discovered that being pregnant and having IBS and Acid Reflux is not fun... but so far it is manageable. I'm having to relearn all my trigger foods. Speaking of triggers.. I've discovered some of the things my super sense of smell hates.... baked goods. Especially anything with an icing. They make me want to vomit due to their sugary smell. I can sometimes eat them though.. which is odd. My niece's birthday cake last weekend smelled way to sugary and awful to me. But I was able to eat small piece of the cake with very little icing. Bran bought me Square Donuts last weekend because I love them. I ate one cream filled donut and was sick they rest of the morning.. it didn't help that I was icing cookies I made for my nieces either. I tried eating a donut the next day with the same results... I wanted to die. Candy, doesn't really effect me. Maybe it's because the smell isn't as strong. Whatever it is it makes for interesting days right now. I'm getting ready to go to an event at work in which there will be a cake walk, a cotton candy machine and a popcorn machine. We'll see how I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Kristy,
I hope you can read your comments.
I had no appetite the first trimester and third trimester.
Try Non-Caffeinated Peppermint Tea, try it hot.
This helped me
Sarah Woodruff
Post a Comment