Today is the first day I had to call in sick to work due to morning sickness. I have been late other days due to the lovely vomiting/gagging that likes to happen right when I am walking out the door. But today... today is a stellar day. After 2 hours of 20 minute intervals of puking or gagging I seem to be better. I have come to a conclusion though... no more milk in my cereal. I hate milk... dislike the taste and smell of it.... but I will cook with it and use it in my cereal. Three and half weeks ago I was able to eat rice krispies with milk every morning. My stomach liked this and they are pretty bland... so I went with it. Then one morning I poured my organic 1 % milk on my krispies and took a bite and immediately the bite came right back out of my mouth. I was like a little kid you are trying to feed... it just wasn't happening, I wasn't eating that. So, I gave up milk. No big loss.... but I do need dairy in my diet... and this makes it very hard to do so. So after the 3 week absence of milk with my cereal. (Cereal is the ONLY thing I can eat before 10am with out getting sick.) I decided yesterday to try again. I have moved on from the rice krispies to shredded wheat. So, I had a nice bowl of cereal and I even added milk. It didn't taste bad... but I got sick before leaving home and spent the rest of the morning battling nausea and heart burn at work. This morning I tried it again... since I need the dairy. Well... lets just say I got a nice long visit to my bathroom.. actually 5 in less than 2 hours. So.. no more milk in my cereal and I called in sick to work. Sigh.. some of this might stem form me cutting my stomach medications in half... I don't like taking them on a normal day, but right now I wish I didn't half to at all. It is the only approved Acid reflux medication out there but they also tell you don't take medications if you don't have to. I am trying the lesser dose as a way to at least cut back on the amount I am putting in my system. If the heartburn continues to be a problem then I will talk to my doctor in a couple of weeks and increase the meds.
If anyone is looking for me today... i will be the person still wearing her pj's at noon and is laying in bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I felt sorry for you--until the last line. I so wanted to lay in bed all day, of course not with nausea, but still :)
Maybe your doctor could give you a suppliment to take for your calcium so that you don't have to feel so yucky?
I'm in my pjs too...but I'm at my desk.
How about calcium pills?
And...ice cream, don't forget ice cream!
Post a Comment