Tuesday, April 14, 2009

2nd Anniversary and 1st Baby appt

Today has been an interesting day to say the least. Bran and I took the week off to spend together. Originally we were going to go somewhere when we discussed it and made plans in December. We were lazy about making said plans so when I found out mid February I was pregnant the plans went to we are staying at home and having doctor appointment instead. I found it interesting that my OB scheduled the appointment on our Anniversary. It's hard to believe that we have been married for 2 years. We have been together for almost 3 years... It's hard for me to think of the time before we were together. We already gave each other our anniversary presents weeks ago. We are the people that buy presents and want to give them to each other immediately. Bran got me a wonderful Boppy pregnancy pillow... I will post a picture if people want to know what it looks like. I also got a new cd and a tv box set of our favorite show "Big Bang Theory." I bought him a combined present... it's his anniversary present and his birthday present. His birthday is in June... but better early in this case. I bought him a Wii.
Our first OB appointment was interesting. Poor Bran had no idea what was in store for him. I told him that they would be giving me a full examination. I had him move to the chair closer to the head of the examination table as well... just in case. I think there are some things men don't ever want to see or know about, probably a Pap is at the top of that list. We also got to hear the baby's heart beat today. It was very surreal.... for the last week and a half or so I have been having doubts about the pregnancy. Even thought I was still having some morning sickness, it just seemed hard to believe I was pregnant. Then this weekend we watched the movie "Marley and Me." Great movie... it is a dog/family movie which also has it sad points. After watching it I had a deep fear that something would go wrong at the appointment today. It was because in the film something happens at the main characters first OB appointment. Needless to say nothing bad happened. The only that was weird was having Bran in the room while I was examined and they couldn't find the heartbeat at first. It almost seemed like the baby didn't want to be found. You could barely hear it for a second then it would be gone. Then they would find it again, you could hear it a bit longer... and so on. Eventually they got it on there for about a minute. It is a very surreal moment. It made the pregnancy completely real. We will see what happens at the ultrasound in June. My Mom and Mother in law are hoping for twins.... Personally I think they are crazy!

3 comments:

Amie said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for you! That has to be the best ever anniversary present.

Twins? Your fam is crazy!

I got the Wii for Christmas...but couldn't fully enjoy it with just one arm to play with, then I was overwhelmed with packing, and since I am almost finished unpacking it can once again be hooked up...I can't wait to check out the online features.

Anonymous said...

How exciting Kristy! I thought the heart beat was so neat, it does make it real. I will send you somehting this week, so you can play music and talk to the baby. So check your mail!

Stephanie said...

So super exciting! I'm very happy for you!

I also got a Wii for Christmas. I don't think we have even touched it since February. Silly really.

Wasn't Marley and Me so cute? I took my neices to watch it. Of course I missed most of it--being the unknowing auntie buying tons of pop...spent the night taking little girls to the potty LOL!