Saturday, May 9, 2009

OB appt # 2 and other stuff

So, due to some mysterious leg pain I went to the doctor again this past week. They think the leg pain is a pinched nerve in my hip which is causing the burning pain in my thigh/knee area. Oh what fun. The appointment was arranged after I called them concerned because I had been having leg pain for 2 weeks. It took two calls (from me) and 8 1/2 hour wait before they told me; if your leg swells, turn red, or you have unilateral pain (pain down the entire right side) immediately go to the ER. Oh and by the way.. we want to see you Monday morning. I loved getting that news at 7pm last Friday. I enjoyed the fact that the Nurse Practitioner did not know why I was there on Monday. I think she believed this was a regular check up. I am debating if this is the OB office for me after all... I'm waiting until I get to meet the actual OB (which isn't until JUNE!) before I make up my mind. I just want to make sure I get to go to the new hospital though. lol. We did get to hear the baby's heartbeat again. My weight and blood pressure were exactly the same as two weeks ago. My goal is to not gain any weight until the 3rd trimester. Then I am only wanting a 5-10 lb weight gain (if that.) I have read numerous articles about the fact that if you were seriously overweight (as I am) prior to pregnancy then you should have minimal to no weight gain. Some new studies are saying you should actually lose weight. I am saving this conversation for the OB as well. I will be 21 weeks along at that point, so here's hoping I can make it through the next 4 weeks with no weight gain.
On a different note but still pregnancy related... I need new clothing and regular clothes aren't fitting right. I tried on several shirts at Kohl's (my favorite store) the other night. Which made me depressed. Plus sized maternity clothing is hard to find.. sigh. But last night I might have felt the baby move for the first time. I woke up for my nightly bathroom trip. I wasn't quite awake enough to be navigating through the house in the dark, so I laid there for a few minutes. I felt this quick fluttery movement at the top of my uterus (I know where it is, since a) it hurts all the time since it is stretching and b) they measure it and told me where it was at the last Dr. appt.) It was for only a second or two.. so I am not sure if it really was movement. I am supposed to start feeling baby movement anywhere for week 15 to week 20. Today we are at week 16... so maybe it was baby movement. And now I am off to find cake... I really want chocolate cake (the breakfast of champions.) Only I don't have any in the house. ;-( So I will probably eat oatmeal instead.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad to hear that your leg pain isn't anything serious. And so exciting for the baby moving! Double AND 16 weeks already?!? Time is flying right on by and I haven't seen you in forever! Come to TH soon!!!!