Friday, May 15, 2009

3rd OB appt and my B-Day

On Wednesday I went to the OB office again. This was my official visit for the month. I have already grown accustomed to their routine. Check in, leave a urine sample (fun times!), sit and wait. Usually the wait is maybe 5 minutes. In fact at the second appointment the wait was getting checked in and the nurse and Bran were waiting on me afterwards. This time the wait was about 15-20 minutes. Since I always bring a book or magazine to doctor offices I was set to wait. The appointment overall was pretty much like the one from the previous week. I got weighed... down a pound. They took my blood pressure... my systolic was up a bit but not concerningly high. I heard the baby's heartbeat again which is always nice. I got my quad panel results back, this is an elective blood test you can have done to see if Spina Bifida or Down Syndrome is a concern. I hadn't really worried about the results since the week before, this was more of I need to know blood test. I was more worried about Down Syndrome due to my age. I know that my age doesn't make it a high risk pregnancy right now but I am just 1 year sigh of the cut off.. so I worry some. Anyway.. the NP said things were in the system a little differently this time for that test. But everything looked negative to her. So I am going with that until I hear otherwise.

This was the first appointment without Bran there, so it was interesting in that aspect. I was observing everyone in the office waiting room. There were couples there for their ultrasounds, they are just a few weeks ahead of me. There were very pregnant women there for their weekly checks. There were some people who there for just regular check ups. There were also people there just a few months pregnant like me... it was a packed waiting room. It definitely made me think about what is coming up in the next few months. I have felt pregnant for weeks. The 1st trimester morning sickness did that. The 2nd trimester pains I have been having have reinforced it. This week I have been having the most discomfit yet though..... my belly button is killing me. This is because it is changing... I am no skinny mini. In fact due to being overweight I didn't even think my belly button would change. I was wrong. My belly button is pushing out. I doubt it will be an outie but it definitely will be a shallow belly button. It hurts extremely bad sometimes plus pants that sit right on my waist line do not help. My mother pointed out to me that the scar tissue around my belly button from my gall bladder surgery might be part of the problem. Since there could be lesions breaking free. My plan is to buy some maternity work pants soon!
Tomorrow is my birthday.. I am not sure how I feel about it at all. I will be 34 years old. 34! Sometimes I feel so old other times I don't feel old at all. I will also be 17 weeks pregnant. I think part of the I don't care attitude about my birthday stems from being pregnant. It isn't about me right now and probably won't be for a good long while. All I do is eat, sleep, and think baby stuff. I am trying to eat healthier for the baby. I am having to sleep more and lay differently for the baby. I am thinking about all types of thing... should we try to buy a home, rearranging the house for the nursery, baby registrations, baby baby baby things constantly. I have not felt the baby move again so I don't really know if it was the baby or not and I think about that all the time. I think about birth defects.. it is our worst thoughts at the moment. Not if it happens that we aren't capable of dealing with it but that God will decide that our child should be different because we are more than capable. I know first hand how cruel society is to individuals with disabilities. We would handle anything given to us but already we worry about the things we can't control when it comes to our child. So, in comparison to all of that my birthday seems kind of unimportant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is normal and Happy Birthday youa re in the Nesting stage.

Think of you Kristy.

Love,

Charlotte and Sarah

Anonymous said...

Man... I am spelling bad

Okay

These feelings are normal.

Happy Birthday Kristy!

You are now in the Nesting Stage

Thinking of you!

Love,
Sarah and Charlotte

Annemarie said...

I'm so happy for you! Happy birthday!