Friday, June 26, 2009

4th OB Appt

I apparently decided that I didn't need to post about this appointment until now... almost 2 weeks later. This could be known as the appointment in which we finally meet the OB. We both really liked her and all debate of changing practices is gone. I just have to deal with the office in a more proactive approach I guess.
Anyway... Everything is fine with the baby. There is some debate about the actual due date. If you go by the Ultrasound it's Oct 19th. If you go by my last cycle date it's Oct 24th. If you go by my ovulation date (which I know, since we were tracking) it is Oct 26th. So somewhere between Oct 19th-26th Tristan should appear.. isn't science grand. As the doctor told us... The baby will come when the baby is ready. So we are still using the Oct 24th date since there isn't that much difference in any of the dates. Ask me in October if I still feel that way. Bran is still hoping for a Halloween baby, which I will do everything in my power to avoid.
When we go back next month I get the always scary glucose screening. Okay maybe for some people it isn't scary.. for me it's scary. This is because I am overweight.. although my pregnancy weight gain was still only 1 lb roughly. But.. overall I am over weight and have been for years... throw in the my family diabetic history and it spells potential for gestational diabetes. The fact that the little man is also slightly bug for his age could also mean my sugar is running high. Oh and the fact that I have (apparently) been getting hypoglycemic.... it I don't eat then I crash, not literally but I feel extremely sick. When this happens if I eat protein within 30 minutes to an hour all is better. The OB did warn me of this since this can occur for anyone who is pregnant since your metabolism is super high and the baby gets what it needs first. My blood pressure was slightly up but no one was worried.. I think it's because I was stressed out from work. So.. a few glitches but nothing major.
In August we will have another ultra sound.. he looked fine.. but you can judge for yourself.

Due to several reasons.. he was very active that day and my weight.. they could not get a good picture of his heart. The doctor wasn't worried but said that she would feel better with another Ultrasound in the 3rd tri-mester. When you throw in the fact that hopefully by then our office will have a 3D Ultrasound machine.. we were all for it. ;-) FYI... within 24 hours from this post. I will officially be 6 months pregnant. This is hard for me to believe. But has gotten easier since the OB appt. Since the same day as the appointment he decided his presence needed to be officially known. Now every few hours a feel a little tap, poke, or flip. It's reassuring to feel him move about and makes the day more interesting. Also, there is no hiding the fact (not that I was) that I am pregnant... since I can't fit in anything that is not maternity clothing or doesn't have an elastic waist band.


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I want to see belly pictures!!!!!!!!!!! I'm demanding it!

Anonymous said...

Belly pictures too

Sarah Gardner