Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Christmas Time
I am officially stressed out and hit my breaking point last night. The house isn't decorated or even remotely clean enough. I do not have a menu for Christmas dinner planned beyond a brined turkey. I need to finish shopping and wrap presents... and work sucks right now. I hate feeling inadequate at work and I do. Sigh.. I thought I was doing better there but according to an e-mail I got yesterday, I am not. Being sick and the whole baby making thing is stressful enough.. everything else doesn't help. Christmas also makes me miss my grandparents.. since for 28 years of my life I spent Christmas Eve there and part of Christmas day. I haven't spent a Christmas at their house since the year my grandfather died on Christmas Eve. I miss them both dearly and can't believe how long they have been gone. I miss being young and naive and thinking that you have forever with your family. Now I have myself more upset.. which wasn't my intention. Damn PMS hormones and cold making me crazy. Sigh.... I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and enjoys their time with their family and friends. I probably won't post again until closer to Christmas. I will be working my ass off at work.. trying to prove myself once again. Which is always delightful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Try not to stress about Christmas...the dinner is about getting together with your family, and they're not going to be expecting a gourmet feast. In fact, I'm sure that they would all be more than willing to bring what ever you ask them to bring to help out. As for the clean house and the decorations, just make it look pretty. A few decorations will make everything look festive enough, and they're probably not going to notice as much as you any way since they're going to be busy visiting with one another.
As for the job, just do your best. Maybe you can have a meeting with who ever sent the email and discuss? Maybe it's a case of you thinking that A is more important than B and you're focusing on A, but they would rather you focus on B. I don't know, but a meeting couldn't hurt.
It is hard around the holidays when you're without people...and traditions change...and nothing is the same as it was when you were little. Some of that is due to good happenings, some due to bad...just try to enjoy the time with your fam this year instead of stressing over food and decor. :o)
Well, I don't think I can say anything that Amie didn't. I'm sorry that everything has you stressed. Personally I am hating Christmas this year. I hope things start looking up for you, especially at work. I know how much of yourself you put into your work. But Amie's right-let everything else go. Enjoy your family time and forget about everything else. I don't know who all is coming over to your house, but you could even make it special by asking your nieces to decorate for you. Even if it is Christmas day when they do it, it could be your own little tradition. Put them up and take them down the same day :)
I'm sorry you were sad. I'm just checking up on your blog. I lost my Grandma right before Christmas. It made me feel very depressed and very old. It's hard to adjust to such a major change.
Post a Comment