Thank God this week is almost over. My Dad's surgery was today.. he came through fine. His wrist is pinned in a couple of places and he is wearing a brace. He seems to think in 5-6 weeks he will be healed. I think it going to be closer to 8 weeks, since he is diabetic. But he's home, his wrist is finally set, and he is doing okay.
AF showed up today. It is always a treat beyond compare.. but this month I had gotten my hopes up high again. Of course being 3 days late is always helpful in that department. Two more people announced at work that either they are pregnant or their wife is pregnant. Great, wonderful, I truly am happy for them but a little bit of me dies inside each time. I'm wondering if I need a job around older people... non reproducing people... or something where children is the focus of the freaking job. Sigh.. I know, I know... one day it will happen.. blah, blah, blah. Maybe when one day comes I will believe but until then it hurts, it freaking hurts a lot. I gave myself a deadline until Jan 1st... well basically that deadline is here and I need to deal with it. So... I have to figure out what the next step is for me... I say me but I really mean us. Until then, I am going to wallow in my painful cramps, pray really hard the on-call is quiet, and pig out on Christmas goodies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I guess that's the period on your crappy week, so to speak.
I know how much it hurts and I would do anything to make it better for you. I wish that I had great words of wisdom or something, but all I can say is that I'm here if you ever need to talk.
I'm sorry. I can see how the focus of your job could make everything worse....and not really give you any sort of mental escape.
I'm glad your Dad is ok. I broke my wrist Wednesday, I'll find out if I need surgery on Tuesday. Most likely not, but the doc wants another set of xrays. :o(
Kristy, please send me you home address,there are two books I want to send you that helped me. I was trying for a couple of monthe. What did help was when I changed jobs and decreased my stree level.
I can't type today
Decrease stress level
Sarah knows how to type--gosh it is becasue I am worn out :(
Try to enjoy the holidays with the hubby! Stress reduction might really help.
Post a Comment