Sunday, January 18, 2009

The loveliness of winter

So.... I thought I was being smart and did laundry this past Wednesday. It was very cold but I wanted to make sure that my washer didn't freeze. I had the same theory about my dishwasher and also ran it that morning. I promptly forgot about the clothes for several days... something to do with dead car battery on Wednesday, making Homemade banana bread on Wednesday night, being on call Wednesday night, My car not wanting to start on Thursday morning and having to make homemade Cream of Mushroom shop Thursday night.. can't see why I didn't mess with it. This morning I decided that I have to do laundry after I take my shower. I throw some clothes in the washer and turn it on. No water beyond a trickle. shit. Our laundry room is a converted porch. So, it is not as insulated as the rest of the house but it does have heat. Although it is always colder than the rest of the house. I keep my house cool... my concession to the cold was to turn my heat up to 69. That's right... 69. I try to keep it in between 66-68 degrees usually. I turned the heat off in the upstairs bedrooms 2 weeks ago as well, the upstairs bathroom and hallway is the only place there is heat up there. I try to be frugal since we live in a huge old house.. anyway.. We turned the heat up to 72 degrees this morning... Bran doesn't think it is a frozen water line.... I think it is. He thinks that our fabric softener has gunked up the washer back by the water dispenser. Okay.. this happens... but I have seen it look much worse. If I turn the water on hot or warm I get a bigger trickle than if I turn it on cold which is hardly anything. I am hoping it isn't something really bad or too messed up. It is supposed to be warmer this afternoon so I am going to keep messing with it in an attempt to get it unfrozen... since I am 98% sure that is what is going on. Thursday night it was around -30 degrees with the wind chill here... the room isn't insulated well at all... numerous windows also. I'm thinking it just got too cold for it. Sigh.. what a flipping fantastic 3 day weekend. To top it off AF stopped by yesterday.. so cycle 9 was a bust. We started talking testing and options last night. We did everything right this past month also, so I am not really sure what is going on. Hopefully everyone is having a better weekend then me. I think I'm going to make chocolate chip cookies and veg out the rest of the day.

No comments: