Saturday, January 8, 2011

Beyond frustrated

Ahh... my blog... a place to vent. I can't say these things to my husband since he feels caught in the middle. I can't say too much to my parents either. But Augh... my good friends are the only people who really read my blog, so I shall put it here.
My mother in law is driving me nuts. We have to move. There isn't any way around it unless I get a fabulous paying job next week. We HAVE to move. We are only moving 2 hours away. To my childhood home. The same distance that my family currently lives away form us. My MIL acts like it is 20 hours away. AUGH. I could vent more.. she's just driving me nuts. Tells me how much it's breaking her heart that T is moving away. She is going to do everything in her power to make sure he doesn't move. Calling me about jobs that I'm not qualified for and then wonders why I don't apply for them. Today's job was a position with a local car plant and driving around the vehicles. She doesn't understand why I just won't send T to her house all day while we do other things... her examples in the past have been that Bran and I can nap, go see a movie, have sex or so we could pack. She's thinks by telling us to pack it will be using reverse psychology so then we won't have to move. I have also explained that since we are extended breast feeding and not planning on stopping for another year, this doesn't help me. A few hours would be okay.. all day and I'm going to have to pump several times. Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating. She isn't aware of the fact that I know that she told Bran a few weeks ago that she doesn't care if it would be an inconvenience for me. Honestly, it makes me want to be spiteful and say well I don't care if you want to see T or not. No one outside of my home has to agree with our parenting decisions.. but I don't want our family members to attempt to ambush us either.
As we get closer and closer to moving at the end of this month I am sure it's only going to get worse. Honestly, she is making me glad to move and is seriously pushing me to move faster. I don't want to move for Tristan's sake and don't want either of us to be separated from Bran for any length of time..but really we are out of options.

1 comment:

Amie said...

I'm sorry...that sounds beyond frustrating. It really is only two hours, and as you have said before, it's the same distance your parents have to drive to see you. Although I understand why she wouldn't want you guys or T to move, she has to understand the situation (apparently not though). My prediction for you when the move is finished is weekend guests.