The other major downside about this probable move is that fact that we are splitting up our family. Bran will be living here still with his parents and Tristan and I will be living there in my childhood home. Bran plans on coming home every weekend to look for a job.. but that could take months as we have witnessed with me. Tristan will only get to see his Daddy 2 days out of the week. Bran is a very involved father. Tristan prefers him for some activities and there are some things that we always do together... night time routines, bath times, some times even diaper changes. lol.
Essentially, I am going to be a single mom which honestly terrifies me. I know others do it every day.. the difference is I have loving, supportive spouse who is a full time Dad. I know we can get through this but we aren't looking forward to it. Tristan is going to be very confused and it's going to be hard. This weekend we are deciding exactly what day we are moving. Neither one of us are looking forward to packing up the home we thought about buying and moving all of our numerous belongings either. I expect by Feb 1st we will be in the other home for several days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Soooo, did you get the job then?
It sounds very scary, but also exciting and new and adventurous! Think of it as a new thing to try, that's not going to last forever. Being closer to family (and friends!) will really help so you won't feel as much like a single mom. Well, you might, but you'll have the support there.
I remember when my brother-in-law was going to start working nights. My sister was terrified of having to raise three girls at home all night long. She was scared of someone breaking in, scared of a fire, scared that she would basically be like a single mom in the evening. But she really started to like it and loves the individual time she gets to spend with her daughters, while he gets time during the day all to himself. I know it's completely different, but I also have faith that you can do pretty much anything you want to do and you will do it well. Plus, while I'm not close, you can always call. I know very little about babies, and even less about raising them, but I can provide comedic relief with my general lack of knowledge!
Post a Comment