Saturday, November 22, 2008
Blown to bits
Before my diet even started I knew it would be hard. Who starts a diet the week before Thanksgiving. Anyway.. last week sucked at work. Sucked so much words can not describe. The court system used to awe me and inspire me... some may remember back in the day I wanted to be a lawyer. Right now the court system pisses me off. I know we have rules and procedures for a reason. But I had clients request a different judge recently.. fine. They chose someone who does not do juvenile court. So, I had a 2 hour and 15 minute fact finding hearing this week. Fact finding is like the trails you see on t.v. just minus a jury. Jury's are for criminal cases, we deal with civil cases. After 2 hours and 15 minutes in a freezing court room (I think it was the same temperature outside) and dealing with my crazy lawyer. Words can not describe... I will quote one of our other attorneys. I don't use these words lightly. He frequently tells the other attorney. "It's like you're retarded." He isn't really.. but he doesn't listen to you so he repeats the same things over and over again like you are stupid. I have had him tell me... "The guy f--ked her he has rights" When speaking about a child. I feel like I dealing with the absent minded professor. I have gone to court exactly 4 times with our other 2 attorneys. And no.. I haven't been to court only 5 times. So, I get to prep cases, testify for and deal with this guy frequently. So long court case... crazy attorney (who is a nice guy, just really odd at times) and a judge who I've never dealt with. After 2 hours and 15 minutes the judge announces I'm taking all of this under advisement and will let you all know my decision. Grr... I have been dealing with this case for 5-6 months. The most I should be involved is 2 months, maybe 3 if schedules are funky. So, I am very frustrated. This was one incident this week... in a week of several. So, all the crazy incidents with this one included have me stress eating. I am attempting to keep the portion sizes down. But, stress eating isn't about portion size. Stress eating is about getting rid of your stress. I need a different stress habit. It used to include shopping, which I have basically fought that battle and won. But, if I take away shopping and eating.. what other awful thing will I pick up? Off to work a little and then to Indy for some down time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Stress eating is my worst problem. I've tried so hard to get over that one. My big thing is painting my nails. It may seem like a totally girly thing, but if I spend the time to do it right, I don't want to screw it up so I don't bother with grabbing something to eat. In fact, I am stress painting as I type this. Just waiting on the first coat to dry.
It's almost a new week...so hopefully you can get back on track. I think portion size is really key...you can have what you want for turkey day, just smaller bits of it.
BTW, I read this entry and it made me think of you (duh...), then it made me think of chocolate because you talked about dieting...and that of course made me think of the Mint Dream...and now I'm going to eat it. Thanks for making me even more unhealthy today too! :o)
Post a Comment