This post has nothing to do with my attempts to get pregnant.. beyond this sentence that is.
Anyway... I have decided to start taking my health seriously. I am 33 years old and drastically overweight. My father is diabetic and has a heart condition. My mother has numerous health issues. There are so many genetic health problems, I usually get to mark over half of the boxes on the form for a new doctor. So.. I need to be healthy. What does that mean exactly??
I need to lose weight, but I am going to realistic. I am never going to be a size 8 or smaller. I don't need to be, besides that wouldn't look right on my body frame. But I don't need to be the size that I am. So, I am going to start watching more what I eat. That doesn't mean I am not going to eat foods that I enjoy. But, I am going to try to eat less of them and eat them less frequently. I am going to pay attention to portion sizes. I am going to quit drinking pop again... difficult yes.. impossible no. I almost have it beat. The next thing on the agenda will be to quit drinking mochas. Both drinks are full of empty calories which I don't need. I also shouldn't be drinking tons of caffeine anyway due to my GERD. I am going to start eating breakfast everyday.. a good breakfast. I actually am going to start marking smoothies again everyday. I enough them, they are healthier for me, and I get my fruit and milk products in for the day. I actually lost 38 lbs last time when I had smoothies every day for breakfast. Granted I was also more active and sometimes I had smoothies for lunch also.
Being active is the next step.. I'm going to start walking.. every day. I going to start out with a mile. I will then increase the miles hopefully up to 3 a day with in the next few months. The walking part will be the most difficult, since I hate being cold and I have to walk outside. Maybe Santa will bring me a treadmill. This is going to be difficult but I can do it. I have gotten lazy over the last 2 years and I need to fix that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am proud of you. I will definately be your online encouragement/get healthy buddy. We can share tips and tricks!
Good luck, I'm rooting for you! Just a FYI, I've lost 50 lbs. over the past year and a half. It took me four years to get pregnant with my last child. I was so so overweight that it kept me from ovulating correctly each month and I would just get cysts on my ovaries instead of the egg releasing. Sometimes losing weight really helps fertility. Also, make sure your thyroid is okay. Mine is underactive and it can really cause you to gain weight and keep you from getting pregnant. I did a straight 1200 caloried diet and that's what finally took my weight off. I know it's sooo hard. Good luck!
Good for you Kristy, I know not drinking soda is hard.
I am behind you also :)
Rachel and I both really liked Weight Watchers--have oyu thought about joining?
Good luck!
When I was walking on the treadmill (long, long, long ago...before it became a storage unit) I found I did better than when I walked outside. It forced me to walk at a quicker pace than what I would do on my own...and of course, I didn't have to deal with the weather. I also found that listening to music was more effective than the tv. There's my plug on the treadmill.
And...here's a blog entry that I found funny...
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.comment&friendID=123311270&blogID=449995589&ticket=MHMGCisGAQQBgjdYA5egZTBjBgorBgEEAYI3WAMBoFUwUwIDAgABAgJmAwICAMAECG15xMdqYWZbBBCiAgyH0cpZhbAShwZy4NktBCjSz%2BXGFzLgU3Hr7WH%2FfwRxhNLdXOwoCPcncBMW5MVafVfTvWuoNR%2BU&BlogCategoryID=0&Mytoken=D95300AD-D275-4910-84D6C39C085074A030221066
good luck! I've lost almost 20 lbs by just eating less of the same foods I always did. All about portion control, but I can't really think of it that way. More like REALLY knowing when I'm full.
Post a Comment