I have discovered I am officially addicted to caffeine. Saturday I had a headache.... I hadn't had any coke/pop besides a sip Thursday night in 4 or 5 days. I hadn't had coffee since Friday morning. Headache just wouldn't go away.. one of those nagging things. I figured it was the weather and traveling back and forth to TH. Sunday I wake up at my parents house, I eat a good breakfast. Within a few hours of waking.. headache is back. I had my suspicions of what it could be from but ignored until about 4pm. I was getting ready to head back home and didn't want to drive for 2 hours with a headache. I decided to get a coke... headache was gone within 30 minutes. I took nothing else for the headache. Monday morning, I drink a wonderful cup of dark roasted mocha from my favorite coffee place for breakfast. no headache. Tuesday I drink nothing but water... headache at the end of the day. I drink some coke.. headache be gone. sigh
I have been addicted to pop before.... my drink of choice is Coke. Fountain Coke if possible. Since I started my job last January and began working solely from the office.. I walk to get pops and coffee with several other people a couple of times a week. So nice fountain coke and mochas whenever I want them. I have never had a caffeine headache before. I am trying to figure out how to reduce my caffeine consumption with out the headaches. I shouldn't be drinking anything with caffeine anyway due to my stomach problems. Don't say.. switch to diet coke and then quit. I hate diet coke.... I used to drink it at one time. It tastes nothing like real coke. I will probably just have to keep tylenol handy and dose myself with that several times a day.
I added a news reel to my blog. Why that news reel.. because I have an odd sense of humor and it will make Amie laugh. Memories from High School geography class. It will disappear in a few days unless I forget about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am addicted to caffeine also
I wonder if you can wean (how do you spell that?!) yourself from it. Maybe next time you get a fountain coke pour half of it in another cup or just down the drain and only drink half. Then next week cut down to a 1/4. Then down to a drink, then down to nothing. It might take longer, but in the end your body would probably thank you.
PS the word verification for me is "eaters." Not kidding.
What you need to do is two things...take an Advil or what ever your drug of choice is first thing in the morning, and drink a Coke, or what ever caffeinated beverage you want. You should be good all day. After a while, you can eliminate the Coke all together. Once the caffeine headache sets in though you're screwed...no drugs or caffeine will cure it.
Wean yourself like you would any drug. If you want to try cold turkey on the pop, you could take Excedrin. It has caffeine in it to get you over the first few days. I can't stand regular coke now that I drink Diet. Coke Zero is alot closer to the real stuff my kids tell me. You could try to mix half and half. That is what my ex did to wean himself off the real stuff.
Post a Comment