Saturday, October 18, 2008

The weekend

I hate having to work on the weekend. Especially when all I want to do is sleep, read, and wash some laundry. But it can not be avoided this weekend.... so I must go get ready for work in a few minutes. Anyway..
Things are going better, Like I said in my last blog I am hopeful. I am waiting until next week to find an OBGYN. Not my favorite thing to do anyway... but last week was a killer. Having had a 5 day weekend.. I am trying to catch up like crazy. Which sucks and why I don't usually take time off from work.
I came to realize something this week. I have some awesome new friends at work... Kat, Courtney, and Beth. I have some guy friends also.. Rob and Kevin. But trust me I don't talk about the infertility scares and female issues with them. I talk to them about crazy work related stuff or everyday things. But... the other three.. some have been where I am already, in their own way all three have issues with infertility, conception, or staying pregnant. Kat has 2 children and Courtney is getting ready to have her second baby. If I didn't have them here... I honestly think this issue would be harder to deal with. I got to spend some time with all three of them this week. So, it helped me change my mood. On another good note... I haven't gotten in a fight with my husband since Monday. Even thought that fight was devastating and embarrassing... maybe it did help a little. Since, I think he believes me a little bit when it comes to some of my personal concerns. I need to get my lazy spiritual self energized.... we have to find a church here. I hate church shopping though, it feels like you are the center of attention. gah. but, this week we are going to church. No if, ans, or buts.... or at least I am.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

So, did you make it to church? I was the same way about going and the funny thing is that we are even more the center of attention now that we have joined our church thanks to us being the youngest members by about 20 years (Aside from the few kids that attend).

Isn't it amazing how many people you run into with fertility problems? I never knew how prevalent it was until I started talking online about it. And, it is so sad that we all feel so alone!